IBW Board of Directors
Dr. Ron Daniels, Distinguished Lecturer, York College, City University of New York, Queens, NY
Rick Adams, Co-Convener Western Pennsylvania Black Political Assembly, Pittsburgh, PA
Richard Jones, Executive Dean, Office of Accreditation, Quality Assurance and Institutional Effectiveness, Medgar Evers College, City University of New York, Brooklyn, New York
Mary France-Daniels, Educator, Community Activist, New York, NY
- Leonard Dunston, President Emeritus, National Association of Black Social Workers, Durham, NC
- Kinaya Sokoya, Chief Executive Officer, Anne Arundel Community Action Agency, Annaoplis, MD
- Jacqui Patterson, Executive Director, Women of Color United, Silver Springs, MD
- Hulbert James, Executive Director, Diasporic Project, Miami, FL
- Greg Akili, National Field Director Social Security Works Campaign, Los Angeles, CA
- Kareem A. Aziz, Director, Office of Institutional Research and Planning, Sojourner-Douglass College, Baltimore, Md.
- Dr. Leslie Alexander, Associate Professor Political Science, Ohio State University,Columbus, Ohio
- Mark Batson, Executive Director, Morehouse Medical Associates, Atlanta, GA
- Dr. Jeanette Davidson, Program Director, African and African American Studies, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Folami Harris, Public Health and Development Specialist, Washington, DC
- Dr. Jemadari Kamara, Director, Center for African, Caribbean and Community Development, University of Massachusetts at Boston, Boston, MA
- State Senator Constance Johnson, Oklahoma City, OK
- Dr. Karin Stanford, Director of Black Studies Dept at the University of California, Northridge California
- Michelle Kim Thomas, President and Chairman KHEMETCOM Entertainment Corporation
- Sandino Thompson, Executive Director, “It’s My Community,” Oklahoma City, OK
- Tara J. Young, Founder and Lead Blogger for hiphopadvocate(dot)org, Philadelphia, PA
- Don Rojas, President/CEO of Progressive Communications Online, founder of The Black World Today and former communications director of the NAACP.
Scenes from IBW’s Recent Board of Directors Meeting in Baltimore, MD
Connect With IBW
The War On Drugs Is A War On Us
Martin Luther King/Malcolm X Community Revitalization Initiative
Pan African Unity Dialogue
Immigration Policy Reform
Call to Action
Click to Read Report
Collaborative of progressive, African-centered scholars, think tanks and research centers dedicated to utilizing theoretical and applied research to address issues of vital concern to people of African descent and enhance the development of Black communities.
Haiti Support Project
An Initiative committed to “Building a Constituency for Haiti in the United States,” focusing on mobilizing/organizing African Americans and other people of African descent to strengthen the process of democracy and development in the world’s first Black Republic.