Signs of overt racism still are all around us, be it a New Hampshire police commissioner’s use of an ethnic slur to describe President Obama or an NBA team owner’s disturbing remarks about black athletes…
The black woman who launched the modern fight for reparations
NAARC’s Preliminary 10 Point Reparations Program
A document for review, revision and adoption as a platform to guide the struggle for reparations for people of African descent in the U.S.
Sheila Jackson Lee says reparations commission would help “understand the hurts” of African-Americans
Race, Devils, Ignorance & Reparations
By Dr. Julianne Malveaux
Watch HR-40 and the Promise of Reparations for African Americans
Juneteenth HR 40 Forum in Washington, DC
Report from Back Juneteenth Reparations Day Historic Hearing and Forum on HR-40
Dr. Ron Daniels talks with callers and special guest Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
The Truth Behind ’40 Acres and a Mule’
Enslavement to Emancipation Documentary
Ta-Nehisi Coates Revisits the Case for Reparations
- 2019 Juneteenth Congressional Hearing on HR 40
- 2019 Juneteenth HR 40 Forum hosted by NAARC and ACLU
- About the National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC)
- 2015 Nat’l/Int’l Reparations Summit Final Communiqué
- NAARC Rolls out Preliminary 10-Point Plan
- NAARC Preliminary 10-Point Plan, Download/Print PDF
- N’COBRA HR 40 Primer — Seize the Time!
- CARICOM Reparations Ten-Point Plan
- CARICOM Reparations Commission Calls for a Marshall Plan for the Caribbean
- Jamaica National Reparations Commission – Radio Jingle
- The CRR Media Conference on the British Treasury’s Slavery Loan
- H.R.40 – Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act (Congress.gov)
- Browse Reparation News & Articles
Recent Reparation Posts – View All Reparation Posts
I recently attended the release of the National Urban League’s Annual State of Black America Report at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The Report is an extremely important document because it provides key indicators of Black progress in a number of social and economic areas in relationship to White Americans.
CHICAGO (FinalCall.com) – The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan told a group of political leaders, researchers and activists that true commitment and a firm unwavering demand for real justice is required, if the call for reparations is ever to be taken seriously by the governments of the earth.
Africa’s Slave Trade to Colonialism to Liberation / The history behind Africa’s slave trade, how it started, and where in Africa it began first. African chiefs used to sell their own people in exchange for valued goods, or treasured assets. Then, when the Europeans arrived they began trading with them. The Europeans offered what they had in exchange for slaves and the slave trade became a widely known, and relevant…
In 2013 Caribbean Heads of Governments established the Caricom Reparations Commission [CRC] with a mandate to prepare the case for reparatory justice for the region’s indigenous and African descendant communities who are the victims of Crimes against Humanity [CAH] in the forms of genocide, slavery, slave trading, and racial apartheid.