Aldermen establish historic fund for local reparations in Evanston, Illinois
Reparations: America’s Unfinished Business
Myths about physical racial differences were used to justify slavery — and are still believed by doctors today
New Jersey Democrats Consider Slavery Reparations
American Slavery and ‘the Relentless Unforeseen’
The slave who won reparations
In 1870, Henrietta Wood Sued for Reparations and Won.
How Reparations to Descendants of Slavery Can Heal a Nation
Diocese of New York establishes reparations fund, adopts anti-slavery resolutions from 1860
PhD Candidate Examines the Politics of Slavery Reparations
Watch HR-40 and the Promise of Reparations for African Americans
Juneteenth HR 40 Forum in Washington, DC
Harvard Law School traces its origins to an Antiguan slave owner. Now the country wants reparations.
St Vincent PM urges Caricom to speed up reparation claims
Ben and Jerry’s Support of HR 40 Might Mainstream the Reparations Discussion
Jacqueline Luqman talks with Dr. Ray Winbush
Ben & Jerry’s Stands in Support of H.R. 40 and Reparations for African Americans
NAARC/ACLU Forum – From Enslavement to Reparations: A 400 Year Journey for Justice
Co-sponsored by Ben & Jerry’s
NAARC’s Preliminary 10 Point Reparations Program
A document for review, revision and adoption as a platform to guide the struggle for reparations for people of African descent in the U.S.
- 2019 Juneteenth Congressional Hearing on HR 40
- 2019 Juneteenth HR 40 Forum hosted by NAARC and ACLU
- About the National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC)
- 2015 Nat’l/Int’l Reparations Summit Final Communiqué
- NAARC Rolls out Preliminary 10-Point Plan
- NAARC Preliminary 10-Point Plan, Download/Print PDF
- N’COBRA HR 40 Primer — Seize the Time!
- CARICOM Reparations Ten-Point Plan
- CARICOM Reparations Commission Calls for a Marshall Plan for the Caribbean
- Jamaica National Reparations Commission – Radio Jingle
- The CRR Media Conference on the British Treasury’s Slavery Loan
- H.R.40 – Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act (Congress.gov)
- Browse Reparation News & Articles
Recent Reparation Posts – View All Reparation Posts
CHICAGO (FinalCall.com) – The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan told a group of political leaders, researchers and activists that true commitment and a firm unwavering demand for real justice is required, if the call for reparations is ever to be taken seriously by the governments of the earth.
Africa’s Slave Trade to Colonialism to Liberation / The history behind Africa’s slave trade, how it started, and where in Africa it began first. African chiefs used to sell their own people in exchange for valued goods, or treasured assets. Then, when the Europeans arrived they began trading with them. The Europeans offered what they had in exchange for slaves and the slave trade became a widely known, and relevant…
In 2013 Caribbean Heads of Governments established the Caricom Reparations Commission [CRC] with a mandate to prepare the case for reparatory justice for the region’s indigenous and African descendant communities who are the victims of Crimes against Humanity [CAH] in the forms of genocide, slavery, slave trading, and racial apartheid.