The killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has understandably sparked outrage across the nation. Considering how the Black youth was gunned down by a neighborhood watch captain as he innocently walked down a street has left people numb, bewildered and angry. It is a chilling example of the vulnerability of young Black men in this nation and the degree to which their lives are discounted in a society that has made being Black a criminal offense
About Walter L. Fields Jr.
- Black millennials greatly reduce debt yet struggle with home affordability: 5 tips to help trim the cost burden January 28, 2023
- More Black cops is not and never has been the answer to ending police violence against Blacks January 28, 2023
- How Sahrawis see the Western Sahara conflict January 28, 2023
- Black leaders applaud curriculum revisions to AP African American studies course January 27, 2023
- Africa is less democratic and safe than a decade ago, study says January 27, 2023