With the election of Barack Obama to the presidency, the United States Senate is now without a Black member among its ranks. Despite the success Blacks have had getting elected as mayors, members of state legislatures, and to the House of Representatives, the Senate remains a body where Black Americans’ access is limited.
About Walter L. Fields Jr.
- A crown branded onto bodies links British monarchy to slave trade September 29, 2023
- Brazil bank’s past slavery ties to be investigated in unprecedented inquiry September 29, 2023
- Brazilians push to make dream of Black woman on supreme court a reality September 29, 2023
- Remembering Minister Brown and a homage to AJASS September 29, 2023
- Haitian-American leaders call on Biden to dump Ariel Henry September 29, 2023