With the election of Barack Obama to the presidency, the United States Senate is now without a Black member among its ranks. Despite the success Blacks have had getting elected as mayors, members of state legislatures, and to the House of Representatives, the Senate remains a body where Black Americans’ access is limited.
About Walter L. Fields Jr.
- 50 Marcus Garvey Quotes August 4, 2021
- Runoko Rashidi, intrepid scholar of the global African presence August 4, 2021
- A bright spot amid Haiti’s woes: Its first mass rollout of COVID vaccines August 4, 2021
- Caricom leaders celebrate and stress the significance of Emancipation Day August 3, 2021
- Latin America’s resurgent left and Caribbean spurn U.S. policy on Cuba August 3, 2021