The heartless combination of the Supreme Court’s gutting of the Voting Rights Act, the House Republicans flatly shunning the immigration bill and the Trayvon Martin outrage should be a wake up call about the grave dangers posed by the far right and may give rise to a renewed motion among African Americans that could give much needed new impetus and political focus to the progressive movement.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black Civil Rights Leaders to Biden: Investigate Border Patrol Attack on Haitian Asylum Seekers September 22, 2021
- Prof. Sir Hilary Beckles UNGA 76 Durban Declaration and Programme of Action Address September 22, 2021
- ‘Truth-telling has to happen’: the museum of America’s racist history September 21, 2021
- If climate change is the symptom, capitalism is the problem September 21, 2021
- The Haiti Support Project (HSP) Condemns Mass Deportation of Haitians September 21, 2021