Cape Verdean Connection: Transnational Community was a featured program at the 1995 Festival of American Folklife at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. At this event, Ana Maria Cabral, widow of Amilcar Cabral, delivered an address about her late husband’s understanding of culture and its implications for modern nationhood.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black millennials greatly reduce debt yet struggle with home affordability: 5 tips to help trim the cost burden January 28, 2023
- More Black cops is not and never has been the answer to ending police violence against Blacks January 28, 2023
- How Sahrawis see the Western Sahara conflict January 28, 2023
- Black leaders applaud curriculum revisions to AP African American studies course January 27, 2023
- Africa is less democratic and safe than a decade ago, study says January 27, 2023