Cape Verdean Connection: Transnational Community was a featured program at the 1995 Festival of American Folklife at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. At this event, Ana Maria Cabral, widow of Amilcar Cabral, delivered an address about her late husband’s understanding of culture and its implications for modern nationhood.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black Civil Rights Leaders to Biden: Investigate Border Patrol Attack on Haitian Asylum Seekers September 22, 2021
- Prof. Sir Hilary Beckles UNGA 76 Durban Declaration and Programme of Action Address September 22, 2021
- ‘Truth-telling has to happen’: the museum of America’s racist history September 21, 2021
- If climate change is the symptom, capitalism is the problem September 21, 2021
- The Haiti Support Project (HSP) Condemns Mass Deportation of Haitians September 21, 2021