Representatives from 21 states in the USA, 15 countries and 20 colleges and universities convened November 14- 18th 2012 in Washington DC for the State of the Black World Conference III (SOBWC III) at Howard University. To read the reports from this historic gathering of leaders, organizers, elected officials, scholars and students from around the African Diaspora, click on the link below.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- CHN awarded a MacArthur Foundation 2021 Equitable Recovery Grant July 27, 2021
- Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW) awarded MacArthur funds supporting an equitable recovery July 27, 2021
- $80 million to advance racial and ethnic justice July 27, 2021
- We owe Haiti a debt we can’t repay July 26, 2021
- Black women and the pay gap – We do what we have to do July 26, 2021