Representatives from 21 states in the USA, 15 countries and 20 colleges and universities convened November 14- 18th 2012 in Washington DC for the State of the Black World Conference III (SOBWC III) at Howard University. To read the reports from this historic gathering of leaders, organizers, elected officials, scholars and students from around the African Diaspora, click on the link below.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- 10 Black Essential Workers Share How They’re Practicing Self-Care During the Pandemic February 24, 2021
- NAARC releases an open letter to President Biden urging support for Reparations and HR-40 February 24, 2021
- ABOLISH THE DRUG WAR COALITION APPLAUDS NJ’s PASSAGE OF CANNABIS LEGALIZATION BILL February 22, 2021
- Vantage Point: Should Schools and Restaurants Re-Open? Open Forum with Professor Ron Daniels February 22, 2021
- TELL NJ ELECTED OFFICIALS: Move Cannabis Legalization and Decriminalization Forward February 19, 2021
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now