Representatives from 21 states in the USA, 15 countries and 20 colleges and universities convened November 14- 18th 2012 in Washington DC for the State of the Black World Conference III (SOBWC III) at Howard University. To read the reports from this historic gathering of leaders, organizers, elected officials, scholars and students from around the African Diaspora, click on the link below.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Vantage Point: COVID-19, Police Murders and the State of Black America June 6, 2020
- Ben & Jerry’s releases a statement on White Supremacy June 5, 2020
- Black Lives Matter Protests Bring Teen Activists Into the Streets June 5, 2020
- America has its knee on the necks of Black & Brown People June 5, 2020
- Say Their Names June 4, 2020
Danny Glover requests your support for IBW, NAARC and the Reparations Movement - Click here for more info
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
2/15/18 — Dr. Ron Daniels Keynote Address at the #ProudAfricans Rally to Denounce Donald Trump’s Anti-Africa Insults. United Nations Plaza, New York
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now