And, people are also talking about the need for a guaranteed national income. The realities of technology replacing jobs, jobs being shipped overseas and the downward spiral of income require us to find new ways to provide income. A guaranteed national income would be one way to provide an economic foundation for every resident and make sure that we all benefitted from the growth in the economy. How to fund such a program? Many ways have been suggested, but one that should be considered is treating government funding of businesses as taxpayer investment so that taxpayers benefit as the GDP expands. The hundreds of billions in federal dollars and trillions of Federal Reserve dollars that have been given to the big banks should be seen as taxpayer investment, not corporate welfare and we should all profit, not just the 1/10th of 1 percent who receives those dollars. -more-
You Are Here: Home » Blog » Editors' Choice » The National Consensus to End Wealth Inequality Builds
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
Here are some quick links to NAARC’s website to help you get involved and stay informed:
• What is NAARC?
• What is NAARC’s 10 Point Plan?
• Forums & Conferences
• NAARC News
• Reparations Advocate Sign Up
- SOBWCV–Facilitating Connections and Cultivating Collaborations Across the Entire Black World June 1, 2023
- Peace, Love, and Reparations Benefit Concert May 30, 2023
- Justice, George Floyd and Continuing Struggle: The Moral Imperative of Remembrance and Resistance May 30, 2023
- The Struggle against Oppression and for Development May 27, 2023
- Achieving African Liberation: Nana Garvey’s Radical Redemption and Unfettered Freedom May 27, 2023