Two diverse rallies in Pittsburgh on Sunday merged at the Hill Distict’s Freedom Corner to speak out against the not guilty verdict issued Saturday night in George Zimmerman’s trial — culminating with a sit-in that blocked Centre Avenue.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Charles Barron is back: His unique rise to power, East New York’s forgotten socialist dynasty, and the never ending narrative wars July 24, 2021
- Cuba’s protests are different this time July 23, 2021
- Bernice King hits GOP: ‘Beyond insulting’ to misuse MLK’s teachings to oppose critical race theory July 23, 2021
- The Perils of “Minority Rule” July 22, 2021
- How Far Is White Supremacy Embedded in Christianity? July 22, 2021