In a major victory for the community radio movement after a 15-year campaign, the Federal Communications Commission has announced it will soon begin accepting applications for hundreds of new low-power FM radio stations in October.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Leads U.S. Reparations Bill H.R. 40 March 1, 2021
- Colleges confront their links to slavery and wrestle with how to atone for past sins March 1, 2021
- Vantage Point Radio: State of Newark Report • Preparing for Disasters • Community Cares Listening Line March 1, 2021
- The “Truth” About South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission February 25, 2021
- What Can America Learn From South Africa About National Healing? February 24, 2021
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now