Sidney Poitier, who broke through racial barriers as the first Black winner of the best actor Oscar and inspired a generation during the civil-rights movement, has died at age 94.
You Are Here: Home » Blog » News & Current Affairs » Legendary actor Sidney Poitier passes away at age 94
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
Here are some quick links to NAARC’s website to help you get involved and stay informed:
• What is NAARC?
• What is NAARC’s 10 Point Plan?
• Forums & Conferences
• NAARC News
• Reparations Advocate Sign Up
- Resisting the De-Africanizing of Ancient Egypt: Pursuing Its Paradigms of Excellence and Achievement March 29, 2023
- Randall Robinson, an ardent advocate of human rights, dies at 81 March 29, 2023
- SOBWC-V Update: Former Jamaica Prime Minister Will Call for Transformation of Post-Colonial Societies March 29, 2023
- What’s the Path Forward for Haiti? March 22, 2023
- Haiti: UN and partners spotlight urgency of stepping up response March 22, 2023