Sidney Poitier, who broke through racial barriers as the first Black winner of the best actor Oscar and inspired a generation during the civil-rights movement, has died at age 94.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- The American Ideological Apartheid System is Here June 29, 2022
- Lumumba’s tooth returned, racist logic of colonisation endures June 29, 2022
- Nana Patrice Lumumba’s Legacy: Living and Dying in Liberating Resistance June 29, 2022
- Jan. 6 hearings are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to important congressional oversight hearings June 29, 2022
- American gun culture is based on frontier mythology – but ignores how common gun restrictions were in the Old West June 29, 2022