(Chicago, IL) Reverend Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. gives this analysis on SCOTUS Voting Rights Act decision……The 1965 Voting Rights Act was the implementing legislation in fulfillment of the 15th Amendment – 95 years later. In other words, it took 95 years – along with agitation, the murders of voting rights workers and a Selma-to-Montgomery march – in order to stimulate the Congress to write, and the President to sign legislation (a law), that made the 15th Amendment enforceable and effective in the real world.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- CHN awarded a MacArthur Foundation 2021 Equitable Recovery Grant July 27, 2021
- Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW) awarded MacArthur funds supporting an equitable recovery July 27, 2021
- $80 million to advance racial and ethnic justice July 27, 2021
- We owe Haiti a debt we can’t repay July 26, 2021
- Black women and the pay gap – We do what we have to do July 26, 2021