(Chicago, IL) Reverend Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. gives this analysis on SCOTUS Voting Rights Act decision……The 1965 Voting Rights Act was the implementing legislation in fulfillment of the 15th Amendment – 95 years later. In other words, it took 95 years – along with agitation, the murders of voting rights workers and a Selma-to-Montgomery march – in order to stimulate the Congress to write, and the President to sign legislation (a law), that made the 15th Amendment enforceable and effective in the real world.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- The “Truth” About South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission February 25, 2021
- What Can America Learn From South Africa About National Healing? February 24, 2021
- 10 Black Essential Workers Share How They’re Practicing Self-Care During the Pandemic February 24, 2021
- NAARC releases an open letter to President Biden urging support for Reparations and HR-40 February 24, 2021
- ABOLISH THE DRUG WAR COALITION APPLAUDS NJ’s PASSAGE OF CANNABIS LEGALIZATION BILL February 22, 2021
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now