During the hot afternoon of Saturday, July 20, Courtney Stewart, founder and chairman of the volunteer organization Reentry Network for Returning Citizens, knocked on doors and walked the streets of Southwest’s Greenleaf and James Creek neighborhoods, in search of reentering citizens to register as voters. Additional volunteers registered people at the King Greenleaf Recreation Center at 201 N Street in Southwest.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black millennials who refuse to vote are falling for a political fraud November 18, 2019
- Where Civility Is a Motto, a School Integration Fight Turns Bitter November 18, 2019
- Ghana, Barbados sign agreement to establish sister Port relationship November 18, 2019
- White Nationalists Are Running the White House November 18, 2019
- History Has a Race Problem, and It’s Existential November 18, 2019
Danny Glover requests your support for IBW, NAARC and the Reparations Movement - Click here for more info
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
2/15/18 — Dr. Ron Daniels Keynote Address at the #ProudAfricans Rally to Denounce Donald Trump’s Anti-Africa Insults. United Nations Plaza, New York
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now