During the hot afternoon of Saturday, July 20, Courtney Stewart, founder and chairman of the volunteer organization Reentry Network for Returning Citizens, knocked on doors and walked the streets of Southwest’s Greenleaf and James Creek neighborhoods, in search of reentering citizens to register as voters. Additional volunteers registered people at the King Greenleaf Recreation Center at 201 N Street in Southwest.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black Civil Rights Leaders to Biden: Investigate Border Patrol Attack on Haitian Asylum Seekers September 22, 2021
- Prof. Sir Hilary Beckles UNGA 76 Durban Declaration and Programme of Action Address September 22, 2021
- ‘Truth-telling has to happen’: the museum of America’s racist history September 21, 2021
- If climate change is the symptom, capitalism is the problem September 21, 2021
- The Haiti Support Project (HSP) Condemns Mass Deportation of Haitians September 21, 2021