On June 1, 2022, the Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans issued its interim report to the California Legislature. The interim report surveys the ongoing and compounding harms experienced by African Americans as a result of slavery and its lingering effects on American society today. The interim report also includes a set of preliminary recommendations for policies that the California Legislature could adopt to remedy those harms. A final report will be issued before July 1, 2023.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- The First Call: All Roads Lead to Baltimore for State of the Black World Conference V – April 19 – 23, 2023 Baltimore MD. November 26, 2022
- Democratic Blue and Peoplehood Black: Necessary Distinctions Between People and Party November 21, 2022
- Voters make an important down payment on democracy’s future November 21, 2022
- St Vincent reluctant to aid Haiti in humanitarian crisis November 21, 2022
- A message from Dr. Ron Daniels: SOBWC V April 2023, Baltimore MD November 19, 2022