On June 1, 2022, the Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans issued its interim report to the California Legislature. The interim report surveys the ongoing and compounding harms experienced by African Americans as a result of slavery and its lingering effects on American society today. The interim report also includes a set of preliminary recommendations for policies that the California Legislature could adopt to remedy those harms. A final report will be issued before July 1, 2023.
You Are Here: Home » Blog » Reparations » California Reparations Report
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
Here are some quick links to NAARC’s website to help you get involved and stay informed:
• What is NAARC?
• What is NAARC’s 10 Point Plan?
• Forums & Conferences
• NAARC News
• Reparations Advocate Sign Up
- What’s the Path Forward for Haiti? March 22, 2023
- Haiti: UN and partners spotlight urgency of stepping up response March 22, 2023
- California increases proposed reparation payments to $360K per person, report says March 21, 2023
- California Reparations Task Force Still Yet to Decide Policy March 21, 2023
- Cambridge University college to examine its slavery legacy March 21, 2023