On June 1, 2022, the Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans issued its interim report to the California Legislature. The interim report surveys the ongoing and compounding harms experienced by African Americans as a result of slavery and its lingering effects on American society today. The interim report also includes a set of preliminary recommendations for policies that the California Legislature could adopt to remedy those harms. A final report will be issued before July 1, 2023.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Gift-Giving And Sharing Good During Kwanzaa: Lessons For Life As Well As Celebration December 1, 2023
- A National Town Hall Meeting – Local and State Reparations: Repairing Black Communities December 1, 2023
- Vantage Point: A Conversation with Dr. Maulana Karenga: Creator of Kwanzaa December 1, 2023
- Vantage Point: Introducing The Black World Media Network and October 19th Communique November 27, 2023
- The Institute of the Black World 21st Century’s Delegation to Grenada Oct 19th Communique November 22, 2023