Featured Article, Pg 2 – State of the Black World Conference in Newark, New Jersey: The Spirit, Power & Significance of an Historic Gathering. Pg 3 – Ending the War on Drugs and Mass Incarceration: Calls for economic sanctions for social justice discussed at the 2016 State of the Black World Conference IV. Pg 4 – Images from SOBWC IV. Pg 5 – Justice Collaborative members add their voices to the State of the Black World Conference: “A phenomenal gathering of concerned, conscious Black people”. Pg 6 – VOCA, an Unprecedented Opportunity for Justice Activists: “Voca funds can help advocates and service providers accomplish their goals”.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- As Juneteenth becomes a federal holiday, the US needs a culture of reparations June 17, 2021
- How the George Floyd Uprising Was Framed for White Eyes June 16, 2021
- Judge halts billions in debt relief for farmers of color as white farmers, conservative groups sue June 16, 2021
- Prof Sir Hilary Beckles: The Economics of Chattel Slavery in the Caribbean and the Americas June 16, 2021
- Communities across the country are talking about reparations. What about Kansas City? June 15, 2021