The Impact Award is designed to honor local leaders who have shown exemplary initiative in advancing sustainable and equitable water strategies with meaningful impact at the community or regional level. The WaterNow Alliance is a forum for local water leaders who want to champion sustainable, affordable and climate resilient water strategies. WaterNow is a catalyst for change, and an architect for solutions. They identify and overcome barriers and provide tools and resources for our members to build local support for policies and programs that advance sustainable water management. Their organization provides a forum for collaborative action, and a network for local leaders to learn from each other. They help communities make tangible progress on the ground to bring sustainable water management approaches to scale. The City of Newark is truly thankful for this recognition and is extremely grateful to the WaterNow Alliance for their remarkable work to create impact and find vital solutions for not just Newark but so many communities.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Vantage Point: The Professor on the Soap Box – Report Back from Accra Reparations Summit and Democracy in Danger August 8, 2022
- IBW 21 and NAARC to be represented at Presidential inauguration in Colombia August 5, 2022
- Reparations for slavery: The day of reckoning must come August 5, 2022
- Ghana joins Caribbean in reparation demands August 5, 2022
- Europe must pay Africa reparations for slave trade, says Akufo-Addo August 5, 2022