When it comes to the internet, our connections are generally controlled by telecom companies. But a group of people in Detroit is trying to change that. Motherboard met with the members of the Equitable Internet Initiative (EII), a group that is building their own wireless networks from the ground up in order to provide affordable and high-speed internet to prevent the creation of a digital class system.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Vantage Point: MAGAISM Checked Not Defeated • State of the Black World Conference V Update November 28, 2022
- The First Call: All Roads Lead to Baltimore for State of the Black World Conference V – April 19 – 23, 2023 Baltimore MD. November 26, 2022
- Democratic Blue and Peoplehood Black: Necessary Distinctions Between People and Party November 21, 2022
- Voters make an important down payment on democracy’s future November 21, 2022
- St Vincent reluctant to aid Haiti in humanitarian crisis November 21, 2022