Video: 2/1/18 — On the 50th anniversary of two Memphis sanitation workers killed in a garbage compactor, which led to the Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike, the Samuel Dewitt Proctor Conference held a daylong truth telling commission hearing at the National Civil Rights Museum, formerly the Lorraine Motel, where the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. Town hall moderated by Roland Martin.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault on 50 years covering Black lives September 22, 2023
- Haitian gangs call for armed overthrow of PM Henry as chaos escalates September 22, 2023
- The fight to make racism a thing of the past September 22, 2023
- Haiti wants foreign help against the gangs. The details worry all sides. September 22, 2023
- UN report urges countries to consider financial reparations for transatlantic slavery September 22, 2023