Streamed Live Feb 28, 2022 — Join us as we discuss expanding Black History Month in Black America to Africa, the Caribbean, Central and South America and the Diaspora as a Pan African project.
Special Presentations by:
- Dr. Julius Garvey, Founder and President, Garvey T.V., Sea Cliff, NY
- Don Rojas, Founder/General Manager, Black World Media Network, Randallstown, MD
- Dr. Ron Daniels, President, Institute of the Black World 21st Century, New York, NY
- Dr. Maulana Karenga, Prof. and Chair of the Dept of Africana Studies at CSU Long Beach, Creator of Kwanzaa, Los Angeles, CA
- Professor Hilary Beckles, Vice-Chancellor, UWI and Chairman, CARICOM Reparations Commission, Kingston, Jamaica
- Dr. Claire Nelson, Founder and Pres., Institute of Caribbean Studies and Ideation Leader, The Futures Forum, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Leonard Jeffries, Prof. of Black Studies Emeritus, City College, CUNY and Pan African Educator, Teaneck, NJ
- Professor Mojubaolu Okome, Prof. of Political Science, African & Women’s Studies. Former Women’s Studies Program Dir. Brooklyn College, CUNY, Brooklyn, NY
About About The Black World Media Network (BWMN)
An initiative of the Institute of the Black World 21st Century, the Black World Media Network (BWMN) is a Pan-African digital multimedia platform designed to serve the informational and entertainment needs of Black families, communities and countries around the world. BWMN’s content can be heard and seen by anyone with a device connected to the Internet—computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, smart TV etc.
– We broadcast 24×7 to every corner of the globe.
– We inform with news, commentaries, interviews and analyses.
– We entertain with progressive music from across the Pan-African world.
– We connect Black communities and countries around the globe.
– We inspire and uplift people of African descent across the world.
– We promote an activist brand of Pan-Africanism.