January 30, 2020 — Attny. Nkechi Taifa, a NAARC commissioner, recently delivered a keynote address entitled “A Debt Unpaid” at the Howard University School of Law. Her reparations talk was hosted by Prof. Justin Hansford, executive director of the Thurgood Marshall Civil Rights Center at Howard. Prof. Hansford is also a commissioner of the National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC).
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Haiti: The ransom is still being paid July 1, 2022
- Reparations for racist laws? Idea gaining traction at state, local level July 1, 2022
- First election in Caricom this year brings change June 30, 2022
- The Supreme Court and the Abuse of History: Rights Will Always Lose June 30, 2022
- Booker Leads Colleagues in Urging President Biden to Establish a Presidential Commission to Study Reparations June 30, 2022