Watch Video — Professor Sir Hilary Beckles delivers speech “The Economics of Chattel Slavery in the Caribbean and the Americas.” during the May 20, 2021 virtual symposium on “Reparations Under International Law”. This symposium was co-sponsored by the Center for Reparations Research at the University of the West Indies (CRR) and the American Society of International Lawyers (ASIL)
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- 50 Marcus Garvey Quotes August 4, 2021
- Runoko Rashidi, intrepid scholar of the global African presence August 4, 2021
- A bright spot amid Haiti’s woes: Its first mass rollout of COVID vaccines August 4, 2021
- Caricom leaders celebrate and stress the significance of Emancipation Day August 3, 2021
- Latin America’s resurgent left and Caribbean spurn U.S. policy on Cuba August 3, 2021