Watch Video — Professor Sir Hilary Beckles delivers speech “The Economics of Chattel Slavery in the Caribbean and the Americas.” during the May 20, 2021 virtual symposium on “Reparations Under International Law”. This symposium was co-sponsored by the Center for Reparations Research at the University of the West Indies (CRR) and the American Society of International Lawyers (ASIL)
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Lawrence Hamm to Run for U.S. Senate September 25, 2023
- Cuba says embassy in Washington, D.C. was hit with Molotov cocktails September 25, 2023
- Journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault on 50 years covering Black lives September 22, 2023
- Haitian gangs call for armed overthrow of PM Henry as chaos escalates September 22, 2023
- The fight to make racism a thing of the past September 22, 2023