Watch Video — Professor Sir Hilary Beckles delivers speech “The Economics of Chattel Slavery in the Caribbean and the Americas.” during the May 20, 2021 virtual symposium on “Reparations Under International Law”. This symposium was co-sponsored by the Center for Reparations Research at the University of the West Indies (CRR) and the American Society of International Lawyers (ASIL)
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Vantage Point: State of Newark Report and Status of HR-40 and Reparations Movement December 4, 2021
- Redistricting threatens decades of Black voters’ hard-fought victories December 3, 2021
- Mayor Baraka, Mayor Lumumba and James Mtume announce Newark will host third National Black Political Convention December 3, 2021
- Libre Party and presidential candidate Xiomara Castro win big in Honduras elections December 2, 2021
- CARICOM Reparations Commission to Participate in Evanston Symposium December 2, 2021