Watch Video — Professor Sir Hilary Beckles delivers speech “The Economics of Chattel Slavery in the Caribbean and the Americas.” during the May 20, 2021 virtual symposium on “Reparations Under International Law”. This symposium was co-sponsored by the Center for Reparations Research at the University of the West Indies (CRR) and the American Society of International Lawyers (ASIL)
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Vantage Point: MAGAISM Checked Not Defeated • State of the Black World Conference V Update November 28, 2022
- The First Call: All Roads Lead to Baltimore for State of the Black World Conference V – April 19 – 23, 2023 Baltimore MD. November 26, 2022
- Democratic Blue and Peoplehood Black: Necessary Distinctions Between People and Party November 21, 2022
- Voters make an important down payment on democracy’s future November 21, 2022
- St Vincent reluctant to aid Haiti in humanitarian crisis November 21, 2022