Recorded November 2, 2019, Charleston, SC — The National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC), the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the ACLU of South Carolina hosted the second event in a series aimed at furthering the passage of H.R. 40. Co-sponsored by Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, it took place at the historic Gaillard Center in Charleston, SC.
The National African American Reparations Commission is comprised of an assembly of distinguished scholars, civil rights, human rights, faith, labor, business and professional leaders committed to advancing the multigenerational quest for reparations for African Americans. For more info - reparationscomm.org
- IBW Taps Global Human Rights Activist to Organize for Black World Conference February 3, 2023
- Ron DeSantis’s attack on Black studies is textbook proto-fascism February 3, 2023
- At Nichols’ funeral, Black America’s grief on public display February 3, 2023
- Rightfully remembering and resisting for Tyre Nichols: Countering the mentality and mayhem of Americanism February 2, 2023
- Cops act as occupying armies to maintain the white-power status quo February 2, 2023