Recorded November 2, 2019, Charleston, SC — The National African American Reparations Commission (NAARC), the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the ACLU of South Carolina hosted the second event in a series aimed at furthering the passage of H.R. 40. Co-sponsored by Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, it took place at the historic Gaillard Center in Charleston, SC.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- Black Americans are deeply pessimistic about the country under Trump, whom more than 8 in 10 describe as ‘a racist,’ Post-Ipsos poll finds January 20, 2020
- Liverpool street sign plan to highlight city’s slavery links January 20, 2020
- Learning From King’s Last Campaign January 20, 2020
- Considering King In Critical Times: Daring to Oppose War and Practice Peace January 20, 2020
- Beloved Streets of America Announces The New March Towards $1 Billion Fundraiser to Revitalize MLK Streets Nationwide January 20, 2020
Danny Glover requests your support for IBW, NAARC and the Reparations Movement - Click here for more info
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
2/15/18 — Dr. Ron Daniels Keynote Address at the #ProudAfricans Rally to Denounce Donald Trump’s Anti-Africa Insults. United Nations Plaza, New York
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now