This 2009 documentary was produced by the Washington, DC Office of Cable Television to commemorate DC Emancipation Day. The film is a stirring account of African-American history from the colonial period through the Civil-Rights era.
IBW21 (The Institute of the Black World 21st Century) is committed to building the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. to work for the social, political, economic and cultural upliftment, the development of the global Black community and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
- All Rev’d Up: The Future Of Reparations September 17, 2019
- Congressional Black Caucus Slams the Trump Administration for Refusing Temporary Status to Bahamians September 17, 2019
- Virginia Theological Seminary’s reparations effort is part of a larger movement in higher education September 17, 2019
- The Reparations Agreement of 1952 and the response in Israel September 15, 2019
- Biden’s Words on Racial Equality Ring Hollow September 15, 2019
Danny Glover requests your support for IBW, NAARC and the Reparations Movement - Click here for more info
African Union Ambassador Calls for closer ties with the African Diaspora in the Americas.
4/3/18 — Newark as Model City Initiative National Town Hall Meeting. Keynote Speaker, Danny Glover. Convened by IBW. Hosted by Mayor Ras Baraka.
2/15/18 — Dr. Ron Daniels Keynote Address at the #ProudAfricans Rally to Denounce Donald Trump’s Anti-Africa Insults. United Nations Plaza, New York
Shop Save Support
Transform every online purchase into a donation for Institute of the Black World 21st Century — Join Now